Enpac spill containment systems provide world’s best response to major workplace hazards
Blackwoods is responding to some of the most serious workplace safety issues currently facing Australian workplaces with one of the world’s most advanced ranges of spill containment and dispensing solutions.
The ENPAC range from Enware Australia comprises, tough polyethylene technologies designed to prevent that most common, painful and expensive industrial accident – the slip and fall hazard – while also preventing the health, environmental and downtime hazards resulting from chemical spills.
ENPAC is a global leader in spill prevention, containment and control products. It has over two decades of experience in delivering performance and best value in design engineering and production capacity.
The US-manufactured ENPAC range is unique in Australasia because it brings together in one system a complete range of solutions to materials handling issues commonly arising across a broad spectrum of industrial applications. ENPAC equipment is purpose built to comply with some of the world’s most demanding packaging and environmental standards for handling, storage and transporting of hazardous materials, including those of the US EPA.
Environmental Protection Agencies in Australia require that all drums and other primary containers containing hazardous liquids are stored in a bunded area that must be able to contain 110 per cent of the capacity of the largest drum or 25 per cent of the total, whichever is the greater.
To help companies comply with the best standards locally and globally, Enware Australia has introduced tough spill equipment for handling, storage and transporting of hazardous materials. Included are advanced spill pallet and workstation systems to help combat slip, fall and trip accidents that now account for more than 25,000 new workers compensation cases a year in Australia.
Enpac’s two and four-drum polyethylene spill pallets – and two, four, six and eight drum workstations – are part of a range of spill containment, environmental and worker protection products from Enware. Included are:
- Two-drum forkliftable Poly-Spillpallet™ 2000 with a 900kg load bearing capacity UDL and a sump capacity of 220.4 litres with drain hole and plug. With non-skid removable grates, it weighs only 25kg.
- Four-drum Poly Slim-Line 6000™, forkliftable from all four sides and with a load bearing capacity of 2700kg UDL in four 205-litre drums. This low (30cm) profile product features a raised edge on back and sides to help secure barrels.
- Space-saving, four-drum Poly-Spillpallet™ 3000, which permits drum storage near walls and between columns and other obstacles. This low (30cm) profile pallet with raised edge has a load bearing capacity of 1350kg and 250.8 litre sump.
- Drums Workstations™ in 2, 4, 6 and 8-drum capacities are designed to integrate into factory and workshop floors, optimising space, safety and efficiency.
- Constructed in tough, one-piece polyethylene, they are easy to load with low-profile design, optional ramp and large sump capacity. They are ideal as a dispensing station or work centre.
- Multiple Drums Workstations can be combined by a Link-lock™ feature, combining the workstations into a tough, stable surface that won’t rust or corrode. Workstations feature rolled edge design to help resist crack and warpage and have strong, structural foam, grates that remove for easy cleaning.
The Enpac range of spill pallets and workstations is intelligently designed to enable workers to boost site productivity by moving liquid chemicals about the site more quickly.
Enware Australian Pty Ltd Managing Director Mr Paul Degnan says that the pallets and workstations limit worker, community and environmental exposure to hazardous chemicals.
"In these days of media attention being focused on chemical spillages, companies can be assured that they are complying with the law and don’t run the risk of adverse publicity, or even in the worst case being closed down altogether, because of breaches of the environmental regulations."
"A further benefit is that onsite costs are minimised by reclaiming liquid spillage and reducing the clean-up and disposal costs of spills." Mr Degnan says. The right handling products may reduce workers compensation premiums while also providing 24 Hour a day 7 Days a week protection for the environment.
Enware catalogue featuring Enpac
The catalogue includes salvage drums, dispensing systems, mobile dispensing solutions, pallets including spill pallets, drum workstations, emergency response solutions and portable containment systems.
New to the range is the single Poly-Rack dispensing system that is the economical, space-saving solution to storing and dispensing from 205 litre drums.
The system, which is made from tough but lightweight ENPAC polyethylene, consists of single Poly-Racker, single Poly-Stacker, Universal Well Liner and Poly Shelf. The Poly-Stacker allows a second 205 litre drum to be stacked on top of Poly-Racker.
Also featured in the catalogue is the Poly-Tank Containment Unit 550 is a versatile above-ground containment system for a variety of containers such as fuel storage tanks, 205 litre drums and IBCs. It safely protects against hazardous liquid discharge into the ground, while its roomy interior leaves space for hoses and related equipment. The unit has a sump capacity of 2081 litres.
A further addition to the range is the Poly-Spill Cart, which minimises the risk of spills while transporting drums. The cart carries two 205 litre drums or other containers, has caster wheels for easy movement, and a drain plug to allow effortless emptying of the 216 litre sump.
Also Among the portable containment devices in the ENPAC range are the Stinger Berm for immediate large-scale spill response, the Stinger Snap Foam Berm with drive-in and drive-out capability, the portable Stinger Yellow Jacket pallet for preventing spills, Spillpal for temporary material storage, the Bazooka filtration system that captures contaminants, and the compact and portable Prowler Pop-up Pools.
For catching oil and sediment that is heading into storm drains and sewers, the range includes Storm Sentinel, an adjustable catch basin insert. This fits into round, square or rectangular catch basins and requires no special tools to install.
For more information, please contact Enware Australia Pty Ltd
9-11 Endeavour Road, Caringbah, NSW 2229, Australia
ph (61-2) 9525 9511, fax (61-2) 9525 9536