No one likes to think that harmful bacteria exist in their facility, however monitoring and controlling the danger of bacterial growth within aged care and health care facilities is an ongoing and complex issue faced by providers and users everyday. It is vital to the safety and wellbeing of both staff and patients that bacteria growth is monitored and controlled to a strict standard in Health and Aged Care facilities. that is the reason why safety measures and a detailed Water Quality Risk Management (WQRM) plan are crucial in these high risk environments. The reality is that water health is a challenging issue. Did you know a hospital ensuite shower is one of the highest risk locations for a patient to inhale legionella?
The key environmental conditions that encourage the growth and spread of legionella are;
- The inorganic and organic content of the water
- The presence of biofilm – sticky microorganisms that adhere to surfaces.
- Stagnant water (Deadlegs) – water that has not flowed for an amount of time.
Legionella can multiply at temperatures from 20°C to 70C. The optimum condition for Legionella is warm stagnant water at a temperature of around 35°C. Legionnaire’s disease can especially affect those with already compromised health or those whom have underlying medical conditions.
Designing and developing smarter, healthier, safer ensuite bathroom solutions have been the driving force behind the NEW Aquablend™ Health TMV.
How does the Aquablend™ Health TMV control prevent legionella growth?
The small, compact Aquablend™ Health TMV can simply be installed in the shower behind the shower mixer. Being installed so close to a bacteria risk point such as the shower means shorter pipe work between the TMV and shower and therefore minimal potential to hold unhealthy stagnant water.
- Short, direct pipework
- The pipe is more frequently replenished with fresh water
- Quicker, easier flushing and thermal scouring – using the thermal flush function
- Less surface area for biofilms to develop
- The user benefits from a reduction in bacteria harboring
- No cold shower as the water get mixed at the point of use in the shower
Due to the Aquablend™ Health TMV’s incredibly compact size and integrated shower mixer the TMV is able to be installed at the point of use and at a good point of service whilst looking great.
- Easier, more efficient and more aesthetically pleasing architecture design
- Direct point of service if thermal flushing is required to sanitize stagnant water and scour biofilms
- Easy tool access to front-facing service components;
- adjust temperature mixture
- Perform thermal flushing without recommissioning – saving time and money
- Maintain strainers and check valves
- Access all test ports, servicing parts, inlets, outlets and mounting hardware
A handy 4-way by pass mixer, supplies the shower, toilet, ensuite basin and clinical basin.
Smart Flow® compatible – now that’s definitely a bonus when it comes to informed risk management and performance analysis of the water delivery system.
This means that:
- Smart Flow® software shows real time readings and records information history, such as:
- Water temperatures over time
- Areas at risk of stagnate water
- Flow or lack-of-flow and water usage
- Alert notifications
- Meets Water Quality Risk Management (WQRM) plan requirements
Patient wellbeing and comfort are our top priorities and are at the heart of Enware’s design, now and into the future.